Best PCP Air Rifle Reviews 2020
I’m sure many of you are already excited about the hunting season. For some people, it’s more than a hobby. But, for others, especially the newbies out there, the very first hunting experience stays throughout their lifetime.
And that’s where the options for the best pcp air rifle comes in.
In terms of easy usability and accuracy, pre-charged pneumatic air rifles are very reliable. And that’s the very reason we prefer pcp air rifles.
With that in mind, we’ve come up with some of the best options you can currently find in the market. Our thorough research methodology allowed us to bring the very best options right to you.
But before jumping on to the full review, let’s just have a quick look at the options we’re going to throw at you.
Here is the list of 15 Best PCP Air Rifle Reviews
1. Crosman BP9M22GP Benjamin Discovery Pre-Charged Pneumatic PCP Dual Fuel .22 Air Rifle and Pump
If you’re reading this review, then we are assuming you’re one of those people who want the best PCP air rifle. In that case, we have the BP9M22GP from Crosman.
As far as the features of this pre-charged pneumatic air rifle go, then we can say it’s pretty well-rounded. You have your usual features like proper build quality and sights. Also, you are getting the dual filling advantage which is nice.
Another noteworthy feature of this rifle is that it can shoot 25 shots with just a single pump. Also, you don’t need to worry about the temperature readings on this rifle, which you can consider as an added bonus.
- A 0.22 (5.5mm) caliber rifle that doesn’t require any additional pumping once it’s filled.
- Features a max. velocity of 900 fps.
- Features dual filing capabilities, both air, and CO2 inside a 135cc cylinder.
- There’s no additional hassle with outdoor temperature readings, offers a very robust use of experience.
- The CO2 filling offers solid indoor usability.
- The bolt action rifle has a 3.75-lbs trigger pull.
- The 2000 PSI fill capacity is solid and allows even the novice user to handle it with use.
- Features superior composite materials along with a single stage trigger, a decent air rifle for any type of user.
- The 5.2-lbs rifle has a barrel length of 24.25-inches with an overall length of 39-inches.
- You can get around 25-shots per pump with this single-shot rifle, which is convenient.
- A standard rifle with proper flexibility of use.
- The dual filling capability is on point.
- It’s fairly accurate for the price, no added inconvenience while shooting.
- The overall build quality is on point.
- The number of shots per pump is more than acceptable.
- The paint job isn’t up to the mark.
If you can look past the rather inferior paint job, then you certainly have a solid PCP rifle at hand. The accuracy and overall usability more than compensate for it. So, do check it out for yourselves if you’re interested.
2. Benjamin Marauder Synthetic Stock Pellet Air Rifle, .25 caliber
Finding the most accurate pcp air rifle is certainly a bit of a bummer, especially when you have so many options to choose from these days. Still, then Benjamin Marauder Air Rifle can be an accurate option for you.
First of all, the adjustable velocity feature is something you can’t find that easily. Although it is a common feature, Benjamin does more than a fair job in this case.
Also, you do have a 2-stage triggering mechanism. This, along with the depinger that comes pre-installed from the makers makes a pretty dynamic duo. As a matter of fact, accuracy is pretty robust overall.
Furthermore, the air reservoir certainly does a more-than-acceptable job of keeping things in order. In short, you get a pretty accurate rifle for the price.
- It’s a .25(6.35-mm) caliber rifle with an 8-shot repeater.
- Features adjustable velocity at various caliber ratings, the max. velocity is 900 fps at 6.35mm.
- The internal shroud makes the operation very silent.
- It comes with 2-stage metal match trigger with a choked barrel for pinpoint accuracy.
- The raised aluminum breech paired with an 11mm dovetail stock offers precise reloading and shooting.
- It comes with an additional 215cc air reservoir with quick disconnect.
- The factory-installed depinger allows better sound dampening.
- Features a 20-inch barrel, the total length of the rifle is 42.8-inches.
- The bolt action rifle has a 1.5-lbs trigger pull.
- It’s super easy to use.
- The trigger assembly and butt design allow better accuracy than some of the other brands.
- The sound dampening capabilities are on point.
- Thanks to the adjustable velocity, the range of operations are diverse.
- Although precision is on point, it could be better.
Now we do believe there’s room for improvement when it comes to accurate shooting. Still, Benjamin makes its case clear enough. For the price, you are pretty much getting what you want.
3. Benjamin Bulldog BPBD3S PCP Air Rifles .357 Cal Multi-Shot Bolt Action
As a hunter who’s looking for the most powerful pcp air rifle, there aren’t really a lot of options out there. And if you do manage to find one, there’s a really good chance that it will burn a hole in your pocket.
In order to make sure that doesn’t happen, we came up with the BPBD3S from Benjamin. Now it’s not the best pcp air rifle by any means. Still, it can get the job done without breaking the bank.
In terms of the features, we believe the build quality is on point. You get a synthetic stock with proper cushioning capabilities. The picatinny mounting rail and 2-stage trigger work really well together, making shooting a treat for hunters.
One of its noteworthy features is the fact that you get dual hand support. Both left and right-handed users shouldn’t have any particular problems handling it. Still, you will probably need some practice.
- Features a 36×26-inch overall body along with solid target hitting capabilities.
- The .357 (9-mm) caliber rifles has a max. velocity of 910-fps with 81-grain ammo.
- The 28-inch barrel is packed in a 36-inch total body.
- The Baffle-type sound trap offers decent dampening.
- Offers 10-shot per reload with the 5-shot magazine included in the box.
- The side-lever bolt can cater to left-handed users.
- The rifled barrel has a 3-lbs trigger pull along with a 340-cc cylinder.
- The steel-synthetic build overall takes the overall usability to the next level.
- It’s got a two-stage, adjustable trigger along with a picatinny mounting tail.
- The rifle feels really good on the hand.
- It does pack a punch, very effective for short-range shooting.
- It’s suitable for both left and right-handed users.
- Rubber recoil pad allows for better shooting.
- The hard-plastic parts may give you a cheap feeling.
Now the entire build does get marred a bit because of the cheap plastic parts. But we believe it’s nothing major. The gun is both strong and accurate, which leaves very little room for error.
Overall, when it comes to choosing something powerful, you certainly won’t regret this choice.
4. Gamo 600054 Urban PCP.22
The Gamo 600054 Urban PCP .22 rifle is one of those options that’s more about getting stuff done by the book.
As always, we are not claiming that it’s the best in the world. Still, we do believe it deserves a spot at least somewhere close to the big players.
First of all, we will declare that this gun is fairly accurate. The metal-synthetic build is rough and tough. Also, the barrel comes with proper mounting capabilities as well. In short, it’s a good option for almost any type of user.
If you’re shooting up close, then you probably shouldn’t have much of an issue using this gun. It shoots true and is precise. You can’t go wrong with it.
- A .22(5.5mm) caliber rifle with a max. velocity of 800-fps.
- The overall length of the rifle is 42-inches that has a 10-round shot capacity.
- Features a solid metal-synthetic build quality that comes with a 105cc cylinder.
- This rifle is highly accurate at 25 yards or less.
- You can get the desired 2000 PSI pumped without much of an issue.
- This air gun does have a solid triggering mechanism that is two-stage adjustable with 3-lbs of trigger pull.
- It’s highly accurate, you won’t notice any change in accuracy at around 50 yards.
- It’s very easy to get used to it.
- A solid option if you want to use it indoors.
- It’s relatively quiet, a worthy choice for hunting purposes.
- The makers should pay more attention to the small inaccuracies, like a mediocre moderator.
Other than some small nitpicky things, we do believe this gun deserves the spot we’ve given it. And we also believe you’ll love it once you get to use it.
5. Umarex Gauntlet PCP Pellet Gun Air Rifle
Deer hunting, as we all know by now, has a sweet spot for every hunter. And we do believe you’re also one of those people.
If what we’re saying is true, then you’ll certainly love the Umarex Gauntlet. It features a proper design that does qualify as an option for the best pcp air rifle for deer hunting.
As far as the other features are concerned, we think the rotary magazine is one of its strong points. It certainly makes a lot of sense when it comes to precision shooting. Also, the 60-shot capacity paired with the 13-cubic inch air tank offers a solid overall user experience.
- A solid .22 caliber option with a 60-shot capacity/refill.
- The max. velocity at 5.5mm caliber is 900 fps.
- It’s got a 23.5-inch barrel with an overall length of 46-inches.
- Features a 13-cubic inch regulated air tank along with a 213cc cylinder.
- It comes with a built-in regulator for accurate indoor and outdoor shooting.
- The single-stage trigger requires a pull of 2.9-lbs.
- The synthetic stock features an ergonomic design for accurate operation.
- It comes with a 10-round rotary magazine.
- It features an 11mm dovetail along with an adjustable knob for the comb.
- The rotary magazine allows good flexibility.
- The dovetail offers proper mounting capabilities.
- The comb is easily adjustable.
- As always, a very solid option when it comes to user experience.
- The O-rings do have some issues when it comes to durability.
- There is some leaking, but it’s more of a hit or miss kind of thing.
Overall, the design and the shooting capabilities of this rifle certainly offer good usability, no question about that. Still, there are some setbacks. But you can certainly justify those weak points if you look at the pricing.
In short, this rifle is pretty capable of handling your shooting needs.
6. Hatsan BullBoss Quiet Energy PCP Air Rifle
The Hatsan BullBoss PCP air rifle is probably one of those options that balance pricing and usability. If you’re in the market for the best pcp air rifle, then you can go for this option by all means.
In terms of the features, there isn’t too much to complain about. The precision choked barrel comes with the proper mounting capabilities. Also, the drip and forearm designs are well worth the investment you’re making.
Then you have the rotary magazine that can hold 10-shots. Also, the shrouded barrel does offer good sound dampening, which is nice. Furthermore, the rubber padding on the stock is solid as well, offering better shooting accuracy whenever you need it.
- A solid .22 (5.5mm) caliber rifle with a max. velocity of 1070 fps.
- The body of the rifle is 36.8-inches long with a 23-inch barrel.
- Features a rotary 10-round magazine.
- It’s got a full shroud along with a quiet moderator, offers silent hunting capabilities.
- The push-button cheek adjustment offers decent flexibility overall.
- Features a precision choked barrel with a 230cc air cylinder which is detachable.
- The rubber padding features ventilating capabilities, offering proper accuracy.
- Features an anti-knock system along with a pressure gauge.
- It’s a really precise option, even for a relatively new user.
- The grip and forearm design are right on point.
- There is a built-in pressure gauge for pressure monitoring.
- The double-pellet-feedo allows seamless reloads.
- The butt pad may be too short for some users.
All in all, if you look at the overall features, you have a satisfactory rifle that can offer smooth ejection of rounds. Other than the size of the butt pad, you certainly don’t have a lot to worry about here.
7. Benjamin Marauder Synrod Combo air Rifle .22
Hunting, as we probably mentioned earlier, leaves actually no room for error. You need to be as fitting as you possibly can. Also, a lot depends on your firearm as well.
And that’s where the Benjamin Marauder Synrod Combo Air Rifle comes in. Although there are a lot of options when it comes to the best pcp air rifle for rabbits, we do believe the Benjamin has enough features to make the cut.
This 43-inch rifle covers a lot of features when you consider something like this for hunting purposes. The dual-stage match trigger is one of its stronger features. If you pair it with a solid choke design, you have a very decent air rifle at hand.
Other than that, you get all the basics like a decent air reservoir and a solid barrel. Also, the reversible bolt for dual compatibility is nice as well.
- A .22 rifle with Synrod 10-shot repeater along with auto-indexing features.
- The maximum velocity at 5.5mm is 1000fps.
- It comes with a 2-stage adjustable match trigger.
- The choke design along with the match trigger offers solid accuracy.
- It’s got a 215cc cylinder and 1.5-lbs of trigger pull.
- It features a built-in pressure gauge with a 215cc air reservoir.
- It’s a 42.8-inch long rifle with a 20-inch barrel comes with a factory-prepped depinger.
- Features a reversible bolt that offers usability for both right and left-handed users.
- The entire build is very solid and offers good compatibility.
- The shots leaving the barrel are relatively quiet.
- It’s very easy to adapt to, something you may not find easily.
- It comes with a 16x40mm CenterPoint scope, which is nice.
- The magazine doesn’t sit properly, which may cause inconvenience for some users.
In conclusion, all we can say is that you have a really solid rifle at hand. Despite a slight hiccup, we believe it makes its case very satisfactory overall. So, you can certainly choose this option without having any second thoughts.
8. Benjamin BTAP22SX Armada .22 PCP Rifle
When it comes to the best pcp air rifle that has more compatibility than some of the big player, then the BTAP22SX takes the cake.
When it comes to the features, the very first thing that pops out is the compatibility. This rifle doesn’t just have a sweet overall design. You can customize it easily with other AR rifle variant parts. And that is something you don’t find every day.
Also, picatinny rail and receiver are well worth the investment you’re making. They both pair together offer you the best possible shooting experience. Also, the 30-round/fill shooting capacity is decent as well.
- Features a versatile design that features good compatibility with other AR rifles.
- The picatinny rail space along with a machined receiver and a two-stage trigger offer good overall usability.
- It can deliver 32 foot/pound-force per 1000 PSI filling.
- It comes with a 10-shot magazine that can shoot 30 rounds per fill.
- The bolt action rifle has a built-in resonance dampener, enables proper noise suppression.
- The .22(5.5mm) caliber rifle is around 43-inches long with compatibility for both right and left-handed users.
- The maximum velocity at 5.5mm is 1000 fps that requires a 1.5lbs trigger pull.
- The barrel length is 20-inches along with a 215cc cylinder.
- The design is both robust, features compatible with other rifle parts.
- The noise dampening is on point.
- The choke and barrel design offer precision shots, a solid option for hunters.
- The pressure monitoring feature works really well.
- The dual trigger design is very easy to get used to as a whole.
- The stock design could have been better.
All in all, despite the rather mediocre stock design, we think the BTAP22SX has a really solid set of features. So, if you’re interested, then you can certainly check it out for yourself.
9. Benjamin BPM22GPK Maximus PCP Powered Kit
As far as getting the best pcp air rifle for squirrels, there are a few things you need to consider. For instance, you may want to go with a lighter option that has an acceptable shooting capacity.
Fortunately, you have the BPM22GPK from Benjamin. It’s got all the basic features you need for a good hunting trip. But that’s not all.
The design is pretty tough overall. Also, the ambidextrous stock allows both left and right-handed users to use it safely and effectively.
Furthermore, it’s a highly compatible option when it comes to diverse weather conditions. So, in case you’re in the rough terrain, you certainly won’t have to worry about accuracy. Overall, it’s not just an accurate rifle, it’s safe as well.
- It can shoot 20 rounds per 2000 PSI air filling.
- The .22(5.5mm) caliber rifle features a robust design and features a max. velocity of 850fps.
- It features an ambidextrous stock, it’s suitable for almost any weather condition.
- This single shot rifle requires a trigger pull of 3.75 pounds.
- Features both front optic rear and front sights.
- This bolt action 42-inch rifle along with a 26.26-inch barrel has a good overall build quality.
- The rifle comes with solid single-stage dovetail trigger along with a cross-belt safety mechanism.
- The cylinder size is 135cc.
- A decent choice for first-time pre-charged pneumatic users.
- The stock feels nice and comfortable while shooting.
- Mounting sights on this gun fairly simple.
- The weight is on the lighter side, feels good in the hand.
- Reliability on 3rd party parts is a bit too much for any user, especially for a novice.
Although this rifle does have all the necessary features you require, it needs quite a lot of 3rd party accessories. But, for the price, we think you will be able to shed a couple of extra dollars.
10. Gamo Coyote Whisper Fusion PCP Air Rifle .22
The options for the most accurate pcp air rifle aren’t that many. There are only a handful of options out there. Also, they don’t come cheap.
The Gamo Coyote Whisper PCP Air Rifle is our next choice when it comes to a hunting pcp rifle. The features aren’t over the top. You are mostly getting what you pay for. Still, it does have a few things that it does better than the competition.
For instance, it’s fairly quiet thanks to the barrel design. The Custom Trigger or CAT design may seem like a hit or miss. But in reality, it fits almost every type of user out there.
And the beechwood stock is one of its noteworthy features. Although most people don’t really care about the visual appeal, the stock still offers satisfactory performance in terms of accuracy. So, nothing to worry about there as well.
- It’s a .22(5.5mm) caliber rifle with a decent beechwood stock and a max. velocity of 1000 foot/second.
- The 43-inch rifle has a 24.5-inch barrel.
- The custom trigger (CAT) offers solid overall usability.
- Features a two-stage adjustable trigger that needs a 32lbs trigger pull.
- The accuracy thanks to the chokes and barrel design is on point.
- The 10-shot rotary clip does offer good usability.
- This bolt action rifle has a 135cc cylinder.
- The overall build quality is good, doesn’t feel cheap at all.
- A good choice for hunters thanks to the overall design.
- The custom trigger certainly does play a role in maintaining precision.
- The rotary clip is convenient to use as well.
- Not including a fill probe is a bummer.
All in all, this firearm has all the features you need for a proper hunting trip. Still, despite the fact that you’re not getting a fill probe, you are pretty much getting what you pay for. So, you can certainly take a proper look at it.
11. Benjamin BPM22B-N Maximus PCP Powered, Bolt-Action Hunting .22 Cal Air Rifle
The Benjamin BPM22B-N is a .22 caliber bolt action rifle that can pretty much smoke the competition out of the water.
At first glance, it may seem like a standard pre-charge pneumatic. Still, it has a fair number of features to keep it in our list for the best pcp air rifle.
For instance, steel construction is very satisfying to hold in hand. The synthetic stock is pretty robust when it comes to accurate shooting. Also, the barrel along with both the front and rear sights, offer a really good overall user experience.
- Features a solid design, the .22 (5.5mm) caliber rifle can cater to new users.
- Features a maximum velocity of 850fps.
- The 2000 PSI fill allows a good number of shots.
- Features a comfortable synthetic stock for solid usability.
- The steel breech rifle barrel offers satisfactory accuracy overall.
- Features a dovetail rail along with a tough single-stage trigger.
- The novices can easily get used to such a pre-charged pneumatic rifle.
- You can get a decent number of shots on a single fill.
- The stock offers good usability when it comes to shooting precision.
- The front and rear metal sights offer satisfactory usability.
- The final finishing could have been better.
In short, you really aren’t missing out on much in terms of features. So, if you’d like to give it a shot, then you’re certainly welcome to do so. You can trust us in terms of reliability here.
12. Benjamin WildFire BPWF17 PCP Air Rifles .177 Cal Multi-Shot
The best pcp air rifle for deer hunting often requires more than a steady aim. What we’re trying to say is, you don’t just rely on yourself. You have to rely on your rifle as well.
Fortunately, the Benjamin WildFire BPWF17 is a pcp rifle that you can rely on.
The features of this rifle are pretty basic. You are getting a .177 caliber rifle with a tough steel barrel. Still, you are getting good adjustability with the rear metal sights. Also, the front optics offer decent shooting capabilities as well.
Another noteworthy feature is the rotary magazine that can hold 12-rounds per reload. This certainly comes in handy when it comes to the convenience of reloading your gun.
- The .177(4.5mm) caliber rifle has a steel rifling barrel.
- The maximum velocity is 800fps.
- The 2000 PSI fill can offer 60 shots.
- Features an overall length of 37-inches with a barrel length of 20.39-inches.
- It comes with a 12-shot rotary clip for better usability.
- The rear metal sight is adjustable.
- The front optical sight offers good overall accuracy.
- This semi-automatic rifle has a dual-action single-stage trigger.
- The design is very satisfactory overall.
- The front and rear sights allow better overall accuracy.
- The barrel is well-designed, proper shooting shouldn’t be an issue.
- Overall user experience is more than satisfactory.
- The triggering mechanism isn’t as solid as one would expect.
All in all, from start to finish, this pre-charged pneumatic is capable of holding its own. Although the trigger mechanism does need some work, it still is a solid choice for any user. You can definitely give it a shot if you’re interested.
13. Crosman PCP Challenger with diopter sights .177 Cal. CH2009S
The CH2009S from Crosman is an option to give you an edge in a friendly competition. As always, the features you find may seem standard. Still, you are getting a bit more in terms of usability.
So, let’s take a closer look at it.
At first, you will notice that the velocity isn’t that great. It’s just around 500 feet/second. Now we know it’s not much of anything when it comes to long-range shooting. Still, when it comes to a close-range friendly competition, the barrel design does make a difference.
Also, the adjustable stock design is something you don’t get to see every day on a rifle with such a price tag. Also, you are getting dual filling compatibility, which is nice as well.
- It’s a .177(4.5mm) caliber rifle with a 530 feet/second velocity.
- The overall length of the rifle is 42-inches.
- It supports both air and CO2 fuel, offers better flexibility of use.
- Features adjustable stock design.
- There is an ambidextrous bolt handle along with a unique locking mechanism alongside a 11mm dovetail.
- It comes with a 2-stage match-grade trigger with proper adjustability.
- The overall usability is solid overall.
- The adjustable stock is relatively comfortable when it comes to competitive shooting.
- The dual-fuel compatibility offers good flexibility overall.
- The trigger mechanism is acceptable for competitive use.
- It’s a fairly weak PCP rifle. So, you may want to consider your options.
Overall, despite its low velocity, it can certainly get the job done. So, if you just want to get started with friendly competition, then you can certainly go for it with your eyes closed.
14. Hatsan BT65 QE Air Rifle air Rifle
You don’t just find the best pcp air rifle lying around. You need to do some proper research before you can even pull the trigger on an option that works for you.
But we’ve taken the job of doing the research for you. As a result, we’ve come across the Hatsan BT65.
In terms of build quality, we believe it gets top marks. The barrel shroud and the synthetic stock are really capable of keeping the shots clean. If you’re looking for a mid to long-rang pcp rifle, then this is the option you can choose.
Furthermore, you are getting a 2-stage quattro trigger that offers a decent experience while shooting. Also, 255cc air reservoir with its own built-in monitoring system does make shooting an easier by a fair deal.
- A bolt-action rifle that comes with the solid anti-double feed mechanism.
- It’s 0.25 (6.35mm) caliber rifle with a max. velocity of 1090 fps.
- This 49-inch rifle has a 23-inch barrel.
- This bolt-action rifle has a 9-shot capacity.
- It needs a 2900 PSI filling, offers a good amount of distance coverage.
- The synthetic stock complements the textured grip.
- The 2-stage quattro trigger enables good accuracy.
- It comes with a 255cc air reservoir that can be managed with a built-in manometer.
- The barrel shroud is very effective when it comes to reducing noise.
- The overall usability is solid.
- The triggering mechanism allows for better flexibility.
- You can expect at least a 50% noise reduction overall.
- The stock and grip offer a more-than-acceptable user experience.
- The filling system may seem alien to some users.
So, should you buy this rifle? Well, if you’re someone who is looking for accuracy and good flexibility of use, then the BT65 Air rifle is for you.
15. Crosman Challenger PCP & CO2 Rifle
The Crosman Challenger Rifle is one of those options that take care of your most basic shooting needs. Although it doesn’t really pack a punch, you can certainly use it as the best pcp rifle for rabbits.
In terms of the features, you are getting a solid trigger design. This won’t really take much of a getting used to, as the standardized design does offer solid usability. Also, you get a decent stock design, which gets the job done in most cases.
Other than that, you’re pretty much getting all the basic features. It’s accurate and does a good job when it comes to short-range shooting. Still, it’s more suited for friendly competitions.
- It’s a .177(4.5mm) caliber rifle with a dual fuel system.
- This bolt-action rifle has an 11mm dovetail.
- The synthetic stock does have decent adjustability.
- Features a 2-stage trigger in the 42-inch frame.
- Features a decent overall trigger design.
- The 530 feet/second velocity is highly suitable for competitive use.
- The build quality is on point.
- There are no major technicalities with this rifle.
- An acceptable choice for 3-position competition.
- The stock and trigger offer solid overall flexibility of use.
- There are slight adjustability problems when it comes to aim and precision.
In conclusion, if you’re a newbie who wants to take his/her first bay steps in shooting, you can certainly take a better look at it. You won’t regret it.
If we were to conclude this review by saying which is the best pcp air rifle, then there would be no clear winner. We don’t have any particular winners here.
So how would you determine which is the right rifle for you?
Well, in that case, you certainly need to take proper notes on a few things. For instance, durability is a key consideration point.
Also, the sight mounting and air tank builds are two of the important points you need to address as well.
Overall, brand value stands out as a dominating factor. So, our advice would be to spend some extra dollars if you have it. But, if you’re really on a tight budget, you may want to choose your rifle by going through the features.
And that’s basically it. There’s nothing more we have to share. All we can hope is that you find the right match for you.